After succumbing to a 115-103 defeat at the hands of the Brooklyn Nets on Tuesday night, the Toronto Raptors are now gearing up for a swift return to their home court Wednesday as they prepare to take on the Phoenix Suns on the second night of a challenging back-to-back.
In their previous outing, the Suns showcased their resilience and determination by narrowly overcoming the New York Knicks with a 116-113 victory this past Sunday. The win was sealed in dramatic fashion, with Devin Booker delivering a clutch game-winning three-pointer. Despite contending with various player injuries, the Suns have impressively maintained an impressive seven-game winning streak, a testament to their depth and resilience
Bet on Suns vs. Raptors
Let’s take a look at the odds for both teams.
Suns vs. Raptors odds
|Suns Moneyline Odds
|Raptors Moneyline Odds
|226 points (over -110, under -110)
|Suns -3 (-110)
|Nov. 29, 7:30 p.m. ET
Stream: NBA League Pass
(How to watch the NBA in Canada?)
About the Suns (11-6 SU, 9-7-1 ATS, 12-5 o/u)
In their hard-fought victory over the Knicks, Booker led the Suns’ charge with an impressive stat line of 28 points, five rebounds, and 11 assists. Booker’s impact extended beyond scoring, showcasing his defensive prowess with two blocks.
With the absence of Kevin Durant, Eric Gordon stepped into the spotlight, delivering a stellar performance with 25 points. His scoring proficiency was on full display, shooting an outstanding 69.2% from the field and an impressive 66.7% from beyond the arc. Jordan Goodwin made a substantial contribution, notching 14 points, securing seven rebounds, and distributing five assists. His well-rounded effort included a notable defensive presence with a steal and a block.. Jusuf Nurkic added to the Suns’ frontcourt dominance with eight points, 10 rebounds, four assists, and an imposing four blocks.
As the Suns gear up to face the Raptors, their strategic focus should be curtailing the impact of key adversaries. Scottie Barnes and Pascal Siakam, renowned for their versatile skill sets, pose challenges on both ends of the court. Dennis Schroder brings a potent blend of scoring and playmaking versatility, while O.G. Anunoby’s three-point shooting proficiency adds an additional layer to the Raptors’ offensive arsenal. The Suns recognize that maintaining their winning streak hinges on a vigilant defensive approach against these pivotal players, ensuring they neutralize their respective strengths and execute a well-rounded game plan.
About the Raptors (8-10 SU, 10-8 ATS, 9-9 o/u)
Once again, the Raptors found themselves grappling with an unfortunate turn of events, as the Nets orchestrated a formidable 15-0 run that proved pivotal, unraveling the Raptors’ efforts as halftime loomed.
Siakam and Barnes emerged as the offensive linchpins for the Raptors, shouldering the scoring burden with 17 points each and achieving double-doubles. Siakam, a force on both ends, secured 10 rebounds, contributed two assists, and notched a steal, while Barnes showcased his versatility with an impressive stat line of 11 rebounds, six assists, and three steals. However, both players faced shooting struggles, with Siakam connecting on 33.3% of his attempts (6-of-18), and Barnes encountering a challenging night at 26.3% (5-of-19).
Gary Trent Jr. emerged as the second-highest scorer, providing 15 crucial points and making pivotal baskets to keep the game within reach during the fourth quarter, before the Nets asserted their dominance. Schroder, despite shooting at a 33.3% clip (5-of-15), contributed significantly with 14 points, five rebounds, and an impressive nine assists. Anunoby encountered a rough shooting patch, registering 10 points on 33.3% shooting (4-of-12). Jakob Poeltl showcased his well-rounded game, amassing six points, nine rebounds, four assists, a steal, and two blocks, while Chris Boucher displayed efficiency with 13 points on an impressive 71.4% shooting (5-of-7).
Looking ahead to the matchup against the Suns, the Raptors face the daunting task of containing the dynamic duo of Durant and Booker, both of whom have been in scintillating form this season, consistently posting remarkable numbers. The key to success against the Suns lies in strategic efforts to neutralize the impact of Durant and Booker, recognizing their offensive prowess. Additionally, the Raptors must be mindful of the Suns’ complementary pieces, including Gordon, Nurkic, and Grayson Allen, all of whom add significant depth to the Phoenix roster. Tactical defensive measures and offensive precision will be crucial components in the Raptors’ quest to secure a victory against a formidable Suns squad.
Scottie Barnes over 7.5 rebounds
- Durant (foot) is questionable. He’s missed Phoenix’s last two games with the injury.
- Suns guard Bradley Beal (back) is still out and won’t return to action until mid-December.
- Allen (illness) is listed as questionable and is in danger of missing his second straight game due to a non-COVID illness.
- Suns forward Nassir Little is out due to personal reasons.
- Phoenix is 4-0 ATS in its last four games.
- The Suns have played over the total in six of their last seven games.
- The teams have played under the total in the past five meetings in Toronto.
Player prop trends
- Scottie has three or more steals in three of his last five games and is averaging 2.4 per game during that span. His line is at -115 to record over 1.5 steals.
- Barnes has also been a beast on the glass recently, recording at least eight rebounds in each of his last five games while averaging 9.8 during that span. His line is -145 to grab over 7.5 rebounds
- Durant has scored 29 or more points in his each of his last five games and is averaging 31.4 points per game this season. His line is at -110 to score over 28.5 points, but bettors should monitor his injury status leading up to the tip.
Wagers to consider
- SGP: Durant to score over 28.5 points; Barnes to grab over 7.5 boards: +220. As previously mentioned, these KD and Scottie props are hitting at a high rate recently.
- Suns moneyline: -145. The Suns are riding the hot hand with a seven-game win streak and will be playing against the Raptors who are on a two-game losing skid. This matchup favours Phoenix, which has a significant rest advantage here over the Raptors.