Interac e-Transfer® is one of the most convenient payment options to bet in Canada and make a deposit / withdraw the earnings from your bets. Once connected to your bank account, you can use Interac to send money to anyone (including betting sites such as Sports Interaction (SIA)) with the simple function of an email address.
Below you’ll find the list of sportsbooks which currently handle deposits with email money transfers.
Interac e-Transfer® is ubiquitous as a form of deposit and withdrawal among Canadian Sportsbooks. In this guide we will break down how Interac e-Transfer® works and a little bit about the books that offer it.
Depositing with an Email Money Transfer
Once you’ve created your account on your chosen Canadian sportsbook, you can find out more information on their website with regards to how they handle the deposit process. Each sportsbook is different and may manage that with slight differences, but the main steps should always be the following ones:
- Choose ‘Interac’ as the deposit method you wish to use.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit on your sportsbook’s account.
- Click on “Generate Payment Details”
- Login to your personal banking platform (app or website) to make the e-transfer with the details provided by the sportsbook.
- Once confirmed and successful, your deposit will be credited and you can start playing within minutes.
Can I transfer money from my bank to a casino?
By choosing the Interac e-Transfer® option on your favourite Sportsbook you will then have to go through your bank e-transfer process. When depositing money to a book, you will be sending money from your bank account to the processing service tied to that particular Sportsbook. Much like when you send an e-transfer to a friend or relative, you will send the chosen amount to an address.
Some banks will require you to set a question and answer to the transfer for security reasons. If this is the case, the sportsbook will provide you with exactly the question and answer to input.
These instructions must be followed exactly since the e-transfer is an automated process. If a mistake is made, a customer service representative will have to aid you in completing the process and that can be time consuming.
Online Casinos that accept Interac e-Transfer®
These days, most Sportsbooks and online casinos operating in Canada accept e-transfer as a form of deposit and withdrawal. We’ll highlight some of our favourites so you can make the best choice for you.
Betway Canada offers customers e-transfer on deposits and withdrawals, with a minimum of $10 for each.
CSB Betway Review Highlights
Here are a few key snippets from our Betway Review. If you want to find out more, read the full review here.
On Betway’s History:
- “Joining a crowded field, vying for Canadian betting bucks, the Betway Sportsbook and Casino was introduced in 2006. Launched by the Betway Group, which also offers Horse Racing, Poker and Bingo betting platforms, this Canadian friendly wagering website maintains a license in several countries including the UK and Malta. Let’s dig deeper into this sports handicapping hotspot.”
- “Associated with several pro sports heavyweights, including Premier League Football Club West Ham United, sports is the primary focus of this eCOGRA accredited Canadian betting site. Offering a diverse mix of North American and International sporting events – Betway caters to and respects Canadian handicappers.”
On Betway’s Design:
- “The Betway Ontario betting site is relatively easy to use, especially when you become a regular and get some experience with the platform. Even though you may encounter some ads, they do not bother you that much. You can click on the menu bar at the top right corner to access different pages. Also, you can easily navigate the sport, casino, live casino, or Betway jackpots pages from the home page.”
- “Betting on Betway is straightforward as the odds for matchups are displayed in a clear manner. You only need to choose your odds, enter the amount you want to bet with, and then confirm your selection. “
On Betway’s Live Betting Options:
- “Fast paced and exciting, the BetWay LIVE betting platform is one of the best we’ve tested.
Included on just about every match they offer, handicappers receive sharply priced LIVE wagering odds that are posted on a very responsive betting board.”
On Betway’s Customer Service:
- “We tested the LIVE CHAT feature at three different points during the day (morning, noon and evening) with three different queries and each time we were satisfied with the results.
We asked questions about the BetWay banking, promotions, plus betting options, and the agent was polite, helpful and professional. Quality customer care is an overall reflection of any top rated business.”
Sports Interaction Canada offers customers e-transfer on deposits and withdrawals, with a minimum of $20 for each.
CSB Sports Interaction Review Highlights
Here are a few key snippets from our Sports Interaction Review. If you want to find out more, read the full review here.
On Sports Interaction’s History:
- “As the Canadian sports betting market continues to explode in popularity, who better to focus on than a book that’s built its reputation in our own backyard? Sports Interaction has over two decades of experience in the online gaming industry, opening its doors in the Kahnawake Mohawk Territory in 1997 and growing ever since.”
On Sports Interaction’s Design:
- “Say anything about Sports Interaction’s design, say that it’s distinctive. The dark blue background and orange and white text give SIA a unique feel that stands out in the crowd. “
- “The design and interface display information in a clear and concise way and SIA does a great job of partitioning categories so you aren’t left endlessly searching for what you want.”
On Sports Interaction’s Live Betting Options:
- “Well respected, as early pioneers in the online gambling industry, it stands to reason that Sports Interaction Ontario would be a leader when it comes to LIVE betting. Growing in popularity and functionality, the excitement of in-game wagering makes even the most lopsided matches a one score contest.”
On Sports Interaction’s Customer Service:
- “Sports Interaction’s customer support harkens back to the days of old, where companies always put the consumer first.
Their live chat feature is second to none – quick, simple, and helpful – and their toll-free phone line and email support are also there in the event that Live Chat just doesn’t do it for you.”
Sports Interaction Canada offers customers e-transfer on deposits and withdrawals, with a minimum of $5 for each.
CSB Bet365 Review Highlights
Here are a few key snippets from our Bet365 Review. If you want to find out more, read the full review here.
On Bet365’s History:
- “..this UK-based wagering website is a well-respected player and gambling industry leader. Bet365 is also known for fantastic in-play sports betting and a state-of-the-art mobile platform.”
- “As an organisation with a truly global footprint, Bet365 has used its decades of experience to expand and refine the online sportsbook experience. Benefitting from time in the market, often significantly longer than their peers, Bet365 is regarded as an elder statesman of online betting.”
On Bet365’s Design:
- “Benefiting from over 20 years in online betting, Bet365’s interface clearly has an air of refinement. The experience is streamlined and without clutter. All the information is clear and well defined, categories are plentiful and popular events in your area are front and center.”
- “The app experience is a seamless transition from the browser. It is clearly an app that, like the main platform, has been refined and iterated for maximum efficiency. You will not miss out if you opt for the app.”
On Bet365’s Live Betting Options:
- “Deeply involved in LIVE online betting, since its infantile stages, Bet365 is amongst the industry leaders when it comes to in-game wagering. On the afternoon we did our review, the bookmakers were offering LIVE wagering on eleven different sports, from numerous leagues, including preseason games.”
On Bet365’s Customer Service:
- “Due to ease of use, along with our overall confidence in their betting prices and security, Bet365 has been in our stable of recommended sportsbooks for years now. We also love the fact that our navigation of the website has been so flawless that Customer Service is an area we don’t have to interact with often. With that said, we did test their system and the LIVE Chat operators were polite while providing us with solid answers to our questions.”
NorthStar Bets Canada offers customers e-transfer on deposits and withdrawals, with a minimum of $10 for each.
CSB NorthStar Bets Review Highlights
Here are a few key snippets from our NorthStar Bets Review. If you want to find out more, read the full review here.
On NorthStar Bets‘ History:
- “The Canadian owned and operated platform from NorthStar Gaming hopes that familiarity with the attitudes and culture of Ontarians, coupled with key media and personality partnerships, will kick start the Bets brand.”
- “NorthStar seems to be aiming for a distinctly Ontario-centric product. They’ve partnered with TorStar, a large media organisation which boasts 150+ newspapers, websites and other media outlets, chief among them; the Toronto Star.”
On NorthStar Bets‘ Design:
- “NorthStar’s browser based offering has a dark aesthetic with blues running throughout, mirroring their media partner The Toronto Star.”
- “Big bold lettering and good font choices make for a very clear and easy to navigate interface and the inclusion of the Sports Insights articles make for a website experience that you’ll want to check in with again and again.”
On NorthStar Bets‘ Sports Insights:
- “A feature that sets NorthStar apart from the competition is its insights section. Similar to what can be found on the landing page of any sports news site, “Sports Insights” offers customers up to date articles and betting analysis.
- “You’ll be able to peruse series previews, betting guides and other newsworthy items. Sports Insights is a feather in NorthStar’s cap and this reviewer hopes it continues to grow and enrich the platform.”
On NorthStar Bets‘ Customer Service:
- “NorthStar Bets customer support is robust and all presented in a convenient help button which will be available no matter what page you navigate to.”
Bet99 Canada offers customers e-transfer on deposits and withdrawals, with a minimum of $10 for each.
CSB Bet99 Review Highlights
Here are a few key snippets from our Bet99 Review. If you want to find out more, read the full review here.
On Bet99’s History:
- “Bet99 is the brainchild of Doug Honegger, a retired professional hockey defenceman who played his entire pro career in the Swiss A League. Honegger was born in Montreal but his Swiss heritage allowed him to play for the Swiss national team at the 1992 Winter Olympics.”
On Bet99’s Design:
- “Bet99’s interface is easy to navigate and keeps everything focused to one page as much as possible. Using the top sports tabs to switch between offerings will keep you on the page you’re on and populate it with the chosen sport’s options. No need to load more tabs.”
- “All in all Bet99 excels at making things clear and concise and reduces the need to go digging around for the line you want.”
On Bet99’s Live Betting Options:
- “Like any modern sportsbook, Bet99 showcases its live betting. The interface is designed to give players quick access to the latest live sports games available. Upon logging in to the site, the landing page will have the live sports lines front and center.”
On Bet99’s Customer Service:
- “Bet99 offers three types of customer support which covers the needs of almost 100% of their customers and yes, they do have a live chat which is available 24/7.”
What is the online casino that pays out the fastest with Interac e-Transfer?
One of the main advantages with depositing and withdrawing money to your favourite online Casino or Sportsbook is the speed in which money is received on either end. Deposits will register in a matter of minutes and customers can expect withdrawals to appear in their accounts within 30 min to 3 hrs after initiating.
In our experience, most e-transfer withdrawals appear in a customers account very quickly and all the top online casinos in Canada are equally competitive in that regard. E-transfer Casinos and Interac casinos in Canada are plentiful, and you should have no trouble finding your Interac betting fit.
The Bottom Line – Using Interac e-Transfer on Canadian Online Casinos
As most Canadian shoppers will know, the Interac debit system is a fast and convenient way to make purchases when shopping in-store. The Interac e-Transfer system further expands that infrastructure to allow Canadians to send and receive money online in a safe and secure way. This system is perfect when dealing with online Casinos or Sportsbooks in Canada, as funding your account has never been easier.
Canadians benefit from a robust online banking system that they can feel comfortable and safe dealing with. When depositing to an interac e-transfer casino, you are operating first and foremost through your trusted bank provider, not a 3rd party. You can rest assured that all the protections afforded to you by the Canadian banks, apply to any transfers to and from your favourite online e-transfer casino.
Online casinos that accept e-transfer are plentiful in Canada and can be trusted to provide a safe and secure online casino e-transfer to and from customers.
Interac e-Transfer is a fast payment system that allows users to send and receive money to anyone in Canada using online banking. The banks make the transfer, which is requested using Interac. Transfers are almost instant but can take up to an hour depending on the bank.
Of course, Interac e-Transfer is a regulated payment system that has been in use for years. It’s used by members of the public for all kinds of reasons, not just as a payment system for online gaming.
It depends largely on which bank or credit union is involved in the process. Regardless of that, the process is always swift and simple. By logging into your bank you can make the transfer using Interac e-Transfer.
The money isn’t sent through a third party but through the users’ bank account. This means that the money is received automatically to the account of the person receiving the money.
As is with any online transaction, there are always limits on the amount one can send. So these fees are set by each financial institution. Check with the bank or credit union in question for more details.
No. The only way you can send money using the Interac e-Transfer payment system is through an associated bank or credit union. Always be sure that the bank in question offers Interac e-Transfer as a payment system.
In order to prevent unwanted funds arriving in the account is to ignore the notification until it expires after the 30 day period. Alternatively, decline the money directly through your bank account, which isn’t something all banks offer so if not use the aforementioned option.
If you cannot remember the answer to your secret question, or get it wrong too many times, the e-Transfer will automatically be cancelled.
It’s absolutely safe and reliable. This is assured as Interac e-Transfer doesn’t actually deal with the client’s funds, it’s the banks that send the money.
Occasionally, there is a small fee from the financial interaction for using the Interac e-Transfer service. However, this isn’t always, so check with the bank in question.
The answer isn’t directly yes, but is effectively yes. There aren’t books that centralize their identity around using Interac, meaning you aren’t going to see pages that light themselves up as Interac Casinos or Interac Sportsbooks, but due to the ubiquity of Interac in Canadian life and the fact that not everyone wants to use a credit card, just about every regulated book has Interac in its list of options, be it directly or through a trusted third party.
Paying for your bankroll with Interac is typically as easy as making any other online purchase via debit. There will be some variance from platform to platform, but regulated Canadian sportsbooks and online Casinos will typically walk you through the process once you log in and click on the deposit button in their navigation.
Canada’s major banks typically all allow deposits to regulated sportsbooks and casinos. There may be some variance when it comes to unregulated options, but it generally isn’t much of an issue.
This can depend on the sportsbook and/or casino, but generally speaking, deposits are near instantaneous with Interac e-transfer, while withdrawing back into your bank account can take 1-3 business days. It’s best to check with your individual platform of preference to see what their expected waiting period is.