UFC 227 Odds: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt 2
Dillashaw-Garbrandt Rematch Will Be More of the Same
Their first fight didn't last too long but for one-and-a-half rounds, the two delivered an action-packed affair that saw multiple knockdowns and an eventual knockout for Dillashaw. But the rivalry was far from over as the immediate rematch comes to their own backyard, Los Angeles, California.
For this second bout, Dillashaw is currently the slight favourite at -125 while Garbrandt is a -105 underdog.
|Dillashaw (C)||VS||Garbrandt #1|
There is fake hate and there is this. Dillashaw and Garbrandt were once training partners under Team Alpha Male. But he left the gym to join his main coach, Duane Ludwig in Colorado and was immediately branded a "traitor". Once a wrestle-boxer, Dillashaw became a striking phenom under Ludwig and eviscerated most of his opponents. Until he lost the belt to Dominick Cruz in controversial fashion.
Enter Garbrandt. Then-undefeated, the former boxer decisively beat Cruz and captured the championship. After a two-fight winning streak, the highly-anticipated feud between the two became official. Dillashaw won despite getting knocked down and almost finished. He was saved by the bell after round one.
Thanks to better coaching and better fight IQ, Dillashaw made the necessary adjustments and caught Garbrandt in the second to recapture his UFC title. Coming into this rematch, both fighters will have made adjustments. The feud is still heated. And there will once again be another knockout.
Dillashaw vs Garbrandt 2 Betting Trends & Tidbits
The betting lines have gone up and down regarding this fight. The first was razor-close despite a knockout victory for Dillashaw. Big money came back and forth between the two but has mostly come on Dillashaw.
- Dillashaw opened at +110 and his line has been bet up by 5.8% since
- Garbrandt opened at -105 and his line has been bet to remain the same
- Main event UFC fighters who opened as favourites are 14-7 in 2018
- Dillashaw is undefeated (2-0) as an underdog in the UFC
- Fights did not go to decision in four of Garbrandt's last five fights
Garbrandt opened as a favourite as fans believe he'll finish the job this time. He'll utilize his superior speed and boxing skills to time Dillashaw and lay him out. He now has the experience of fighting Dillashaw and will use it to set traps and counter Dillashaw who tends to move in and out.
Dillashaw doesn't have Garbrand't speed or power but he has something more important: smarts. The two-time champion has confounded most of his opponents because he is brilliant at utilizing his fleet footwork and attacking from various angles. He also has a more diverse striking arsenal than Garbrandt.
Prediction: Garbrandt will have his moments and could hurt Dillashaw again. But the champion is far too cunning and recovers quickly. Expect a similar fight to the first with Dillashaw rallying to once again knock out Garbrandt somewhere in the middle rounds.
Our Record: 16-9
UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt 2 Fight Card Predictions
All betting odds via Sports Interaction.
Lock it Up: For Demetrious Johnson (-445) versus Henry Cejudo (+305). While Cejudo has improved immensely, especially with his striking, he still pales in comparison to Johnson. The pound-for-pound best fighter in the world also evolves after every fight and he hasn't even shown what he is fully capable of. Johnson should once again dominate using his superior speed, strength, and technique.
Our Record: 18-7
Underdog Pick: "Mr. Perfect" Kyung Ho Kang (+185) is much better than his line indicates. While Ricardo Ramos (-245) is the more talented striker, Kang is an underrated grappler who is big for the weight class. Kang is also strong and durable. He'll use a combo of clinch-work and wrestling to pull off a tight decision.
Our Record: 9-13
Don't Bet on It: Renato Moicano (-335) is the likely winner versus a fading Cub Swanson (+240). He is tough and crafty and specializes in Swanson's weakness: grappling. But Swanson is still a live dog thanks to being the better and more powerful striker. But he could be a shot fighter and isn't worth the risk even at this price. Moicano likewise is too pricey.
Main Card (PPV, 10:00 PM ET)
- Bantamweight Title Fight (135 lbs): (C) TJ Dillashaw (-125) vs #1 Cody Garbrandt (-105)
- Flyweight Title Fight (125 lbs): (C) Demetrious Johnson (-445) vs #1 Henry Cejudo (+305)
- Featherweight (145 lbs): #5 Cub Swanson (+240) vs #10 Renato Moicano (-335)
- Women's Strawweight (115 lbs): Polyana Viana (-260) vs JJ Aldrich (+190)
- Middleweight (185 lbs): #13 Thiago Santos (-440) vs Kevin Holland (+300)
Prelims (TSN 5, 8:00 PM ET)
- Bantamweight (135 lbs): #9 Pedro Munhoz (+200) vs #14 Brett Johns (-270)
- Bantamweight (135 lbs): Ricky Simon (-120) vs Montel Jackson (-110)
- Bantamweight (135 lbs): Ricardo Ramos (-245) vs Kyung Ho Kang (+185)
- Featherweight (145 lbs): Matt Sayles (-120) vs Sheymon Moraes (-110)
Early Prelims (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 PM ET)
- Flyweight (125 lbs): Alex Perez (-145) vs Jose Torres (+115)
- Women's Strawweight (115 lbs): Danielle Tayor (+215) vs Weili Zhang (-295)
- Bantamweight(135 lbs): Marlon Vera (-560) vs #12 Wuliji Buren (+375)
Best Online Sportsbooks for UFC/MMA
UFC 227 is a brilliant card perfect for both casual and die-hard MMA fans. Canadian fight fans will watch at bars or ordering the pay-per-view while tuning in to TSN to watch the prelims. As for betting, they visit these online sportsbooks, which offer great betting lines for Canadians.
Category : UFCMore articles...