Chelsea vs Roma
Last season, the bid debate surrounding Chelsea was who is their most valuable player.
Eden Hazard or N'golo Kante?
Having not had to do without either last season is was mostly a philosophical question. Having had to do without both at separate times this season, we may have found our answer.
Without N'golo Kante patrolling the midfield, Chelsea looked awful this past weekend falling to previously winless Crystal Palace who had not scored a Premier League goal all season before putting two past Chelsea in the first half.
And though there were a few candidates, Hazard may have been Chelsea's worst player on Saturday. Yet to score a goal for the Blues this season, the Belgian is still looking for his world class form since returning from a broken ankle.
And if you are invested in Chelsea, you would hope he finds it quickly.
Chelsea vs Roma UCL Odds
My Team's Next MatchChelsea
When Chelsea host Roma this Wednesday October 18th at 2:45pm in Matchday 3 of the Champions League they will not only be without N'golo Kante and their leading goal scorer Alvaro Morata, but likely Victor Moses as well who is now the 3rd starter to sustain a hamstring injury in the past few weeks.
But the Blues are far some sitting ducks as the Italian side has their own issues.
Already without a few starters, most notably Kevin Strootman and Stephan El Shaaraway, Roma have ruled out defender Kostas Manolas as well after he picked up a thigh injury in Roma's 1-0 defeat to Napoli this weekend.
So both teams are licking their wounds heading into this important midweek tie.
- Chelsea and Roma sit 1st and 2nd in group C and with the mighty Atletico Madrid sitting in 3rd with back to back games against Qarabag, both teams need to play this smart.
- Chelsea should go for the win at home but I honestly don't think they have the firepower and their biggest issue is figuring out how to protect their defense without Kante who erases so many mistakes all over the field.
- Roma, on the other hand, knows that 1 point here will keep them right only schedule for qualification into the knockout round.
- With the price being offered, and the current state of these teams, we can cheer for the Romans to do an Italian Job on Antonio Conte.
Pick: DRAW (+300) at BET365
You can follow me on twitter @zahir_gilani.
Category : Soccer News
The European Super League (ESL) was supposed to be the breakaway club for top European football clubs, the likes of Manchester United, Real Madrid, and Liverpool to name a few.
The full list of Super League clubs:
- English - Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham.
- Spanish - Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Real Madrid.
- Italian - AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus.
However, plans broke down the very next day after the featured clubs made the announcement, led by Real Madrid’s Florentino Perez. Perez has been defiant in the face of big clubs like Juventus and Manchester City dropping out, with the governing body FIFA also threatening to ban teams from their domestic leagues.
The anger and frustration at the decision to go ahead with a Super League boiled over when fans of Premier League clubs Arsenal, Chelsea, and Tottenham held mass protests outside the relative stadiums. The announcement caused a wave of protest across Europe, as UEFA made it clear that all clubs involved would face repercussions if they were to go ahead and compete in the breakaway Super League.
But, what upset the fans so much and is the Super League really so different from the Champions League?
Cyle Larin, the 25-year-old from Brampton, Ontario, is taking the Turkish Super Lig by storm in 2021.
Bet365 sponsors four Premier League Clubs: Leicester; Newcastle, West Bromwich, and Wolverhampton Wanderers.
The UEFA Champions League is the biggest tournament in Europe. With all the money and viewers the tournament brings in, sportsbooks that sponsor the 32 Champions League teams are common.