Soccer Predictions: Bundesliga & Premier League Week 23
Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich – Danke Schön
Thank you very much for giving us Bayer Leverkusen vs. Bayern Munich this Friday January 12, at 2:30pm EST. Lets hope that just as you’re leaving the offices a little before 5pm that you look at your accounts to see a multiple unit score. Here is how.
These teams follow a very specific pattern in their recent head-to-head history:
- Bayern win at home and the games go over 2.5 goals and Bayer get at least a point at home and the games go under 2.5 goals.
- Four of the last 5 matches at the BayArena have ended in draws – three nil-nils and a 1-1. All 5 have gone under 2.5.
- Leverkusen are undefeated at home in the league this season. Add to that that it may take a while for teams to get back in the swing of things after the winter break and I’m liking the potential for another low scoring draw more and more.
Liverpool vs Manchester City – Showdown at Anfield
Liverpool host Manchester City in the Raheem Sterling derby on Sunday January 14th at 11am and boy does this slate of games need the marquee matchup as the rest of the games are snoozers. So what do I predict for the game between the 2 highest scoring teams in the Premier League?
The Under of course…and here’s why. To concieve the story of how this game stays under doesn’t take too much imagination. Both teams strengths are going forward and pressing high up the pitch to win back possession, which can often cancel each other out.
The lack of space on the field negates playmaking ability on both sides. We see this happen a lot in big games between high profile clubs. But when you dig into the numbers here’s what they reveal.
- According to soccerstats.com Liverpool only score 42% of their total goals at Anfield and have only conceded 18% of their total goals at home this season.
- Manchester City have only scored 39% of their total goals away from the Etihad and conceded 38% of their total goals away from home this season.
- 45% of the league games these two sides have played have gone over 3.5 goals which is a fair number. This includes only 18% of Liverpool home games and 27% of City away games.
I’ll lay the juice.UNDER 3.5 GOALS (-167) William Hill
Stoke City vs Manchester United - One-Sided Affair
So…Stoke fired Mark Hughes last week and…don’t…yet…have…a manager – yikes! So in this last week or so with no manager what do you think the players have been doing? My guess is not much. Probably not training that hard because there’s no manager to conduct training.
If they do install a manager before the weekend what gameplan will he implement other than to sit deep and try to keep a clean sheet? Oh and that won’t work as Stoke have the worst defense in the league.
Stoke don’t care about this game. If legally they could forfeit it they would. After this game their next six matches are against teams between 8th and 17th place in the table and those are the games that they are focused on claiming points from to get out of relegation.
Manchester United struggle to score on more nights than they should. Monday will not be one of them. They will absolutely batter the Potters. Lukaku will score, everyone for United might score.Manchester United to win and keep a clean sheet (-118) William Hill Manchester United -2 (+110) Bodog
You can follow me on twitter @zahir_gilani
Category : Betting PicksMore articles...