The Viral Roundup – Tyler’s Trick Edition
Did You Hear?
Tyler Seguin left Bruins fans feeling like a spurned ex on Tuesday night. The former B lit the lamp three times to lead Dallas to a 5-2 victory over Boston. (The Stars were a +140 moneyline road underdog going in.) Tuuka Rask night had a very rough night letting in five goals on just nineteen shots. In addition to losing the game, the Bruins have also lost Chris Kelly for 6-8 months with a left femur fracture.
Did You See?
LeBron James, a basketball player you may have heard of, became the youngest player in NBA history to reach crack the 25,000 point plateau. To mark the occasion, the National Basketball Association has crafted a video chronicling the superstar’s journey in reaching the milestone. By the way, the Cavs are currently slated as a 3/1 shot to win the NBA Championship this summer.
Did You Know?
- The Atlanta Hawks remain undefeated on the road. Jeff Teague scored 26 points and Al Horford collected 13 rebounds as ATL topped Miami 98-92 to go to 4-1 on the year. The Heat were lousy from beyond the arc on Tuesday only hitting five of their twenty-eight triple attempts. Atlanta plays Brooklyn tonight, while Miami travels to Minnesota to play the Timberwolves tomorrow.
- Ken Whisenhunt is done in Tennessee. The Titans have axed Whisenhunt after an ugly 1-6 start to the year and a tenure where he’s guided the team to a 3-20 record. Former Jaguars coach Mike Mularkey has been upgraded from assistant to head coach for the interim. Analysts will no doubt be intrigued to see how franchise quarterback Marcus Mariota meshes with Mularkey as head coach. According to Mularkey, the offensive scheme will see some changes with the passing game undergoing a revamp. Tennessee head to New Orleans in Week 9 with the opening line pegging the Saints as an eight point favourite.
- We have our first College Football Playoff ranking reveal of the season. Clemson comes in at the #1 spot with fellow undefeated schools LSU and Ohio State in spots #2 and #3. Alabama was hoisted above a collection of schools with perfect records to reach the #4 position. It was no real surprise that Baylor and TCU were the big losers in the unveiling. The two schools are #2 and #5 in the AP Top 25 but are considered #6 and #8 in the playoff ranking. By the way, oddsmakers have Ohio State as the Vegas favourite to win the national title at 5/2.
- Dusty Baker is a Major League manager once again. The veteran skipper has been tapped to take on the vacant Washington Nationals job. Early reports had longtime Padres manager Bud Black taking on the role, but the potential pact fell apart during negotiations. Baker brings 1,671 career wins to the table courtesy of a career that’s included stops in San Francisco, Chicago and Cincinnati. The Nats fired manager Matt Williams earlier the year following the club’s underwhelming non-playoff campaign.
- It’s never too early to look at the Futures board and the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook has alredy sorted out their 2016 World Series favourite. The Dodgers have been given 8-1 odds to finally return to World Series glory next year. Following behind are the Jays, Mets, Cubs and Nats at 10-1. The defending champs from Kansas City are considered a 14-1 wager.
Category : ArchivesMore articles...